It seems as a bad month for Australian players, the injury list are keep on increasing. During the tour of Sri Lanka, Shaun Marsh returned to home in between the ODI series, due to injury. Aaron Finch and Chris Lynn missed 2 match T20 series vs Sri Lanka recently, due to injuries. These injury issues are continuing and more players are sidelined for a month at least.
Lets see the injury list of Australian Players.
- Shaun Marsh – He suffered with fractured finger during ODI series against Sri Lanka and now he misses South Africa tour due to this injury.
- Nathan Coulter-Nile – He has lower back injury that ruled out him from Sri Lanka tour recently. He will begin lengthy rehabilitation period.
- Aaron Finch – Fractured finger (He is in squad who traveling South Africa later this month)
- Chris Lynn – Lynn traveled all the way from Australia to Sri Lanka to play 2 T20I, but unfortunately he dislocated his shoulder and sidelined for few months. This is the third time he suffers with dislocated left shoulder!
- James Faulkner – One of latest addiction to the injury list. He suffered with low grade calf strain in training session on Thursday, that means he misses SA tour and sidelined for 1 month at least.
- Mitchell Starc – This is biggest worry for Australian team. The spear-head of Australian attack Mitchell Starc collided with some training equipment during the training session on Thursday, which made him suffering a deep laceration to his left shin. Now, he has 30 stitches after the surgery.